Who doesn’t like Facebooking. Who’s not having a Facebook account. Social networking is just part of our life now and Facebook plays a major role. If you are spending good amount of your time on Facebook Chat (chatting with your friends), then this article is specially for you.
In this post article we will share the latest Facebook Chat Tips and Tricks, which you can use and have fun. We have actually researched a lot on the internet to find these tricks (tried these on Facebook Chat) – all these work pretty good.
- All these are tried and tested tips and tricks – all these works!
- Some of these tricks works only on Facebook Chat window on your Computer and may not work on your mobile.
- These tips and tricks are specific to Chat (and may or may not work on Status, messages or comments)
- We have tried these only for Chat – so you can try these else where and update us.
Facebook Trick – More Emoticons in Chat Window
Facebook by default offers some emoticons (also known as smileys) which you can use in the Chat window. You need not to know the code for them in order to use them (these are click and use type). But that is not all – you can use hidden Facebook Emoticons and Smileys if you are aware of the emoticon code for it. To use these emoticons – just write the code in the chat window and hit enter. We have already covered a post on emoticons.
- Read: List of Hidden Facebook Emoticons and Smileys
- Read: Whatsapp Emoticons Games and Puzzles
- Famous Emoticons
- Putnam – :putnam:
- Heart – <3
- Penguin – <(“)
- Refer to above link for more of these
Facebook Chat Trick – Text Upside Down
Would you like to post some text upside down and in reverse order. There are plenty of websites which are offering such feature. Your friends will be pretty amazed to see this.
- Visit UpsideDownText.com
- Write what you want to share in the chat window
- You will see the upside down text in the below window – Copy this
- Paste this text in the chat window .. this will appear upside down in the chat window as well.
Tip – Search in Facebook Chat
How often it happens that we remember that we (two friends) have talked about something and discussed this on Facebook chat, but don’t remember the exact details. So if your friend messaged you (or sent you on chat) something – then you can instantly find it. Do you know Facebook keeps a track (and history) of all your messages, which you can refer later. This is not all – Facebook supports search feature inside the message window.
Just follow the images – to search for something.
- In the chat window select settings icon and select view full conversation.
- Then at the message window click the search button at top right
- Write what you want to search for
Tip – Facebook Chat Messenger – Desktop/Mobile
You must have heard about Facebook Messenger – this messenger does not require you to open the facebook account. This is simply a messenger (just like Gtalk or Yahoo Messenger) for windows or your mobile. See and respond to chats right from your desktop. Whether you’re browsing other websites or using another app, you don’t have to click away to stay connected.
Selective Invisible – Facebook Chat
Sometimes you want to chat with a selected group of people and want to avoid rest (or some of them). So what you can do is selectively get invisible for some of your friends. Go to the chat window (right sidebar), then select the gear icon. Select Advance Settings..
Facebook Chat Text Decoration
You may be wondering how can be format the text in the chat window. How about making some text as bold, italics, underline,
strike through , some bubble text, or colored text and much more. The facebook chat window does not offer such feature, however if you convert the special text to symbols – then symbol will automatically convert to the special text again (bold/italics/colored text/bubble text and much more)
- Visit this webpage (the page has lots of ads)
- Enter the text in the box (middle left)
- You will get your text as decorated
- Copy and paste this text in the Facebook chat window