Many of us have smartphones which allow us to download and install apps on them. Some of these apps are really interesting. For example – social networking and chatting apps helps us remain connected to our family, some apps helps us increase our productivity.
Some of these are games which are quite fun to play. Overall the apps have become important part of our life. However all of these apps may not be available for you. That is, you may not be having a smartphone and still want to enjoy these applications
- If you have Nokia Symbian, Blackberry, Windows mobile all the apps (including some interesting must have) may not be available to download.
- An app may be paid on your mobile phone, however you still want to get that app for free.
Almost all of us have access to computer (with internet), so the option you have is to download and try the application on your computer (laptop or desktop). However you cannot simply download an android or iOS app on your computer, these are not made for computer. That is where intel appup comes into picture. According to its wikipedia definition “The Intel AppUp center is a digital storefront for existing and new PC software, apps, content and entertainment, developed by Intel Corporation for Microsoft Windows-based Ultrabook devices, netbooks, laptops, and personal computers.”
If we have to describe it in easy terms, then it is a simple software which you can download and install on your computer. After that you will have access to thousands of free and paid applications specially made for PC.
- Read: Install BlueStacks App Player on your PC – Play Android Games on PC
- Android Players on PC – A Complete Guide
How to get Intel Appup
Just download, sign up, and you’re ready to go! Signing up grants you access to all your apps on up to five PCs. Every app is scanned by Intel for your protection.
- Visit this link to download the application
- Its a 38 MB installer file – complete the download
- Install the application by clicking on the exe file – there is nothing complicated in the installation procedure
- This will take about 3-5 minutes to complete the installation
- It may ask you to download Adobe AIR Runtime – let this also complete
- Windows 8 32 & 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32 & 64 bit
- Windows 7 Starter 32-bit
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32 & 64 bit
- Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3 with .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit with .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Setup – Configuration Intel Appup
- Once downloaded – Launch the application – Below is the screenshot
- You need to create an account with Intel Appup before you download any apps
- You can see at the top – My Apps (apps you have downloaded), Your profile (My profile)
- Click the link “Register” at the top
- Fill all the details and click continue
Profile Location Inconsistency
I received this error during the account setup. This is happening because I selected USA at the time of installation and I am actually using it from India. Ignore this error and proceed
Installing Apps on Intel Appup
Lets look at how you can browse through application (search a specific application) and install the application on your computer.
Some of the apps are already listed in the default screen which you can download and install. However if you want to check other apps, click on any category in the left sidebar. For example “Click Entertainment” to get all the entertainment applications. You can then sort the apps based on popularity, downloads etc. You can also filter the apps to see only Free Ones.
Installing Applications on Intel Appup
This section covers how you can install any application on Intel Appup software.
- Choose the app which you want to install
- Click the “Free” or Paid icon on the app name.
- The app will start downloading (will show the percentage on the app icon itself)
- Once the app is downloaded it will be visible in the “My Apps” section as well.
- Moreover you will see a launch button instead of “Free” now.
- Click the launch button to let the app start!
- It will take a few minutes to start
- Enjoy the app
As seen in the image below I downloaded a currency converter app and launched this app. It is launched in a separate window (and a new process). This is certainly better than what you get in BlueStacks.
Uninstalling an App
- Go to my apps
- You will see a list of apps which are installed on Intel Appup
- On a particular app – click More actions and select “uninstall”
- Let it uninstall from your computer