Flickr is very popular website (and application) for photo editing and photo sharing. The pics uploaded by people on flickr are just too good. Flickr offers an application for iphone which you can use on iPad as well. Infact there have been some updates by flickr regarding this iPhone app which let us to write this post.
Photo sharing on flickr iPhone application is not so straight forward. When I downloaded this application on my iPad, the first thing which I wanted to do was share some pics already present in my iPad image gallery (Known as Camera roll). Though I can see a button to open camera where I can click and upload the pic, but where is the button to upload images already present in my albums. What I can see is a Flickr icon (settings menu) at bottom right and it has a thing called “Upload queue”. But when you touch that you get a message that says “Nothing in your queue. Take more photos to upload”. I simply want to upload multiple images from my iPhone/iPad to Flickr all at once.
Basic things missing in Flickr App
Though the Flickr application looks nice and is quite stable, however it is missing some basic stuff. I mean if you are developing a software these are basic things which anyone would think of.
- No dedicated application for iPad.
- No straightway (or button) to upload pics to flickr from Camera roll
- Setting profile picture (using app) from the images already uploaded to Flickr Library.
- Organize already present images (already uploaded to Flickr) into Sets (albums).
Solution: Upload images from Camera Roll
Finally I got it on. You actually need to click the camera button and then another button (at bottom left) adjacent to (camera click button). Lets do this step by step.
1) Click Camera Button
2) Click the multiple square boxes (at bottom left) and now Camera roll will open up.
Tip: To directly open up the Camera Roll, just double tap on Camera button.
3) Select as many images as you like (this allow selecting multiple images). Click done
4) Now you can apply some filters (effects) to your images. Click Next
5) Add Title and Description. Click Advanced
6) In the advanced settings, you can organize these to sets (albums) or add tags to your photos.
7) Change privacy levels, share to fb, twitter, tumblr or add location data.
8) Once everything is done, click upload.
If you are facing any similar problem or any other such problem with Flickr iPhone/iPad app, then share it with us. We will help you out to use this app properly.