Cut the Rope is a highly popular series of physics based puzzle game by ZeptoLab available for many different platforms and devices. The object in this Cut the Rope game is to feed the candy to a little green monster named “On Nom”, while collecting stars (maximum of three).
The game is so popular that it has been downloaded more than 200 million times. The game is divided into boxes and each box contains a set of levels. In each of these level, candy hangs from one of several ropes which the player must cut with swipe or finger. The game also brings various other objects like floating bubble, bellows which help manipulate the obstacles to get the candy to Om Nom’s mouth.
It is no longer a game, it is now a series of game puzzles. It was started with Cut the Rope Lite version (2010, now full version), followed by Cut the Rope: Experiments (2011) and Cut the Rope: Time Travel (2013). Some of these are free (As described below), some are paid version depending upon the device you are using. More or less these game are similar with common objective, however each of these games are unique in their own way. The number of levels in each of game (Basic Full Version, Experiments, Time Travel) vary.
|Game||Number of boxes||Levels per box||Total levels|
|Cut the Rope||14||25||350|
|Cut the Rope: Experiments||7||25||175|
|Cut the Rope: Time Travel||6||15||90|
|Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift (no longer available)||1||25||25|
Availability and Price
Cut the Rope game is available for almost all the devices – Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry Mobiles, Nokia Symbian Phone, Windows Phone and PC. Coming to the price, this varies according to the game variation and the device. Moreover there is a free version and a paid version (I checked this atleast for iPad and Android). The number of levels in the free version of the app is also same (350) as the paid version. Its just that the free version is powered by Ads.
Check the image below showing the free (powered by Ads) and paid version (99 cents) of this game in Google Play Store.
Cut the Rope for PC – Play Online
Good thing is that you can play this game online for free. This works great on my PC and the graphics are just awesome, infact better than playing on my mobile phone.
- Visit http://www.cuttherope.ie/
- The game offers about 3 boxes on this online game – with about 75 free levels
- Game is exactly same as the mobile version and works awesome
- Music is good
- Controlling is smooth and its like playing any game installed on your computer
- Bad thing – Its not the full version where you get 350 levels
- That not all, you get to watch the awesome videos of Cut the Rope. You can also visit the store and buy Cut the Rope goodies.
Cut the Rope for Computer – Application Download
Not only you can play this game online (limited number of levels), but you can also download the PC application. But please note that the download is NOT FREE. You will have to buy this game (only trial version is free)
Download Link: http://www.gamehouse.com/download-games/cut-the-rope
- Price : $9.99 (1o times of price of android/iPhone app)
- Play through 275 satisfying levels of physics-based fun.
- Enjoy new gameplay elements in 11 different box types.
- Avoid a variety of obstacles and collect gold stars on each level.
Cut the Rope on PC – Using BlueStacks
In this method, you will need to install an android player called BlueStacks on your computer. Once you have the Bluestacks on your computer, you can install the Cut the Rope apk (android app) on this bluestacks software. After that though you will play this game on your computer but you will feel as if playing it on mobile (but with bigger screen). We have already written a detailed tutorial about this, check the video below :
Once you have got your android player up on computer, then follow the rest of tutorial.
- Start the BlueStacks Player application on your computer.
- Click on Search button at top right. Enter “Cut the Rope″ in the field.
- You will be presented with results, select the free result “Cut the rope” and click install.
- Now it will show you some results, in the results click on “Cut the rope” under option (1 – first column)
- The game will take some time to download.
- Once downloaded, it will be visible in the “My Apps” Gallery (comes up when you click the home button). Click this in My Apps.
- Playing this game is pretty simple, pretty same as playing it on your mobile or playing it online