Who doesn’t like that yummy cake, cheese pizza, burger and coke. But what it in turn gives us is fat and a bulky body. Obesity is considered as a major health risk and a prime factor for many of the diseases. Losing this fat (little or lot of weight) is always a good thing – it is not only healthy and but also makes you feel good about yourself.
However losing this extra kilos may not be that simple as it sound. You need to go through correct exercise routines and have a proper (and correct) diet. You will find plenty of website and blogs on the internet giving you health tips and guiding you about weight loss. But who’s got the time to go over these thousands of website (and unlimited weight losing tips) – we have a smartphone and need a simple solution. Turns out that your smartphone can really help you in this regard.
This article is well researched post about Free Applications for Android and iPhone – which can help you lose your weight and get a toned body. You can download the below listed applications from the Google Play Store (for Android Mobile) and Apple Store (for iPhone). So lets quickly jump onto the apps which can help you keep calorie count and fight the flab. The below listed applications are in no particular order.
Multi Purpose Applications
These applications are all in one sort of applications – a complete app for all your weight loss needs. These include food database to calculate calories (Calorie counter), Weight Loss Exercises and complete tracking of your weight loss. Plus many of these apps allow you to connect with your friends and loose weight together.
One of the best and easiest-to-use calorie counter for Android/iPhone. It is rated as top weight loss apps on Google and iPhone app store. This app has a pretty impressive food database of over 2 million foods that it can count calories for. Not only it has a food database but it also lists over 350 exercises which can help you reduce your weight. It also features the ability to connect with friends to lose weight together.
– Fully syncs with the web, so you can log from your computer or your phone, whichever is more convenient. Plus your data is backed up online so you never lose it.
– Diet with your friends – add friends and easily track and support each other’s progress
– Comprehensive feature set – create your own custom foods and exercises, track all major nutrients, progress reports, customized goals based on your diet profile, and recipe calculator, with full support for metric and English units.
– Barcode scanner – scan the barcode of a food and easily find its match in our database.
– Recipe calculator – Enter your own recipes and calculate their nutritional contents
– Track both cardio and strength training, including sets, reps, and weight/rep
– Track your weight, measurements and more
– View charts of your progress over time for motivation
Its a great application and widely used one. Losing weight with this app is quite easy.
– Provides a personalized and interactive weight loss plan
– An easy-to-use, color-coded food logging system
– An exercise tracker with real-time GPS and pedometer to record all your activities, inside or outside
– A single-click logbook to track workouts, meals, and weight loss progress
– Programmable reminders to stay-on-track so you never forget to visit the grocery store or go for that walk or run
– Tons of helpful and educational articles to give you the scoop on health and wellness
– Social networking integration with Facebook and Twitter
This app helps you set a daily calorie budget, track your food and exercise, and stay motivated to make smarter choices and achieve your goal. You need to tell the app about yourself – your weight loss goal, and the app will create a custom weight loss plan for you (which works best for you). Then simply start logging your food and exercise.
– LoseIt offers a simple, easy-to-use tool for tracking what you eat and do. It has a robust food database has thousands of restaurant, grocery store, and brand-name foods.
– This app has quite good ratings on both android and iPhone.
Eat Healthy : Diet Plan/Food Tips
Just doing exercises (be it walking/running/jogging/cycling) won’t help much. You need have a complete control on your food – that is keep a count on calorie you are taking each day. You need to have a complete balanced diet – which included all nutrition. The below apps will help you keep a track of your food.
Diet Point claim that they have the largest collection of complete weight loss diet plans (about 55 free diet plan). They also have quite good weight loss forum.
– Awesome Weight tracker & BMI calculator
– Complete shopping list for each plan
– Create your own diet plan
– Get an estimate of your weight-loss for each diet plan
– Meal Tracker: It will remind you when it’s time for your next meal to help you stay on track
– Huge! community, full of people who share the same goals
Lose weight once and for all. Tired of trying thousands of diets and failing to achieve your goals. Diet Assistant comes packed with tons of features to help you lose, maintain or gain weight as well as carry out a healthy lifestyle.
– Great Diet Plans
– Weight Control – Log your weight, add notes and follow how you progress towards your goals. This section is full of features that will help you motivate yourself on your journey!
– Customizations – Simply add your own diet with the intuitive “Diet Editor” feature.
This app allows you to scan barcode of the food item and you will be able to get the nutritional facts before purchasing. The app has a databse of about 200000 foods that you can scan into the application. However unlike MyFitnessPal, it is not a multi purpose application and focuses mainly on food tips.
– Fooducate’s scientific algorithms grade each product and provide simple, concise explanations. Grading system developed by scientists, dietitians and concerned parents.
– Each product is automatically graded (A-, B+, C, etc…) by a scientific algorithm based on its nutrition facts and ingredient list. Fooducate recommends minimally processed, real foods, that are naturally rich in nutrients and antioxidants.
If you want to lose weight, you need to eat the right food. In order to get the maximum amount of nutrients from food, you need to eat fresh foods over those packages ones. Timing of the food is also very important (select right food at right season). Locavore tells you what’s in season and how many days you have left to enjoy it at its full flavor. The app uses your phone’s GPS to find the closest places to buy locally available food. Buy in season, fresh and local whenever you can.
The Eat This, Not That! Game
Increase your food knowledge by simply playing a game. Think you can spot the stealth health food from the gut bomb. EAT THIS, NOT THAT! THE GAME challenges your armchair nutritionist skills with hundreds of fast food face-offs. Test yourself with two exciting game modes and earn your spot on the leaderboard.
Some people don’t like the idea of “gamifying” applications, but having some fun goals to accomplish when it comes to losing weight and getting healthy can really push you to succeed.
You need to workout (exercise – at home or park or gym) in order to lose that extra flab and get into shape. These apps can assist you.
An exercise app for getting in shape where you can unlock achievements and earn points by accomplishing workout plans and reaching your fitness goals. It’s built around being social interaction with groups as well as challenging others. One of the best apps in its field.
– Incredible speed: track your entire workout all on one screen.
– Embark on an epic adventure: Unlock achievements to visualize your progress. Beat quests to push yourself and take on new challenges.
– Be inspired: Follow other Fitocrats to get daily inspiration and join in on conversations.
– Ultra motivation: Bring the support hundreds of thousands of Fitocrats with you on your journey. If competition’s your thing, there’s plenty of that too.
RunKeeper – GPS Run Tracker
Track your running, walking, cycling, hiking, biking and more using the GPS in your Android phone.
Track your fitness activities and have fun doing it
– See detailed stats around your pace, distance, time, and calories burned.
– Get stats, progress, and coaching through your headphones with built-in audio cues.
– Listen and control your music during your workout.
– Measure your heart rate with many available sensors (appropriate heart rate zones depend on your weight).
– Take pictures along the way to share and save while you go.
– Update your weight to keep calories burned accurate.
Gain Fitness Cross Trainer
GAIN Strength, builds personalized workout programs from 350+ exercises and a variety of popular training styles – strength training, plyometrics, calisthenics and yoga. Workouts are algorithmically tailored to your fitness level, goal, equipment and schedule (in real-time). Features include:
– WORKOUT MODE – Our award-winning, multimedia experience coaches you through each exercise, rep and rest with HD motion images, voice commands and form cues spoken by real trainers. Works seamlessly with your music player of choice.
– WORKOUT REMIX – Modify sets, reps, rests and exercises down to the finest detail.
– WORKOUT SHARE – Text, Tweet, or email customized workouts to friends, workout buddies or training clients.
– PROGRESS TRACKING – Track every set, rep, weight and rest time. It’s so simple, you may not even notice it.
– GAIN PLAN – Pick your workout days and our innovative calendar tool will build a balanced program and keep you on track. We’ll even send you text reminders when it’s workout time and track your Workout Streak to keep you motivated and accountable.
– WORKOUT HISTORY – View historical workout logs, including day/time you worked out and detailed set and rep data. Ditch the data entry and always know where you stand.
PS: If you want to add any app to this list, then please contact us!