A very popular social networking service – a photo editor for iPhone and Android mobiles is Instagram. It allows you to click pictures, apply digital filters on them and share them on social networking sites like Facebook. Few weeks back Instagram launched video service – that is you can shoot short videos (3-15 seconds) via Instagram, apply digital filters on them. Just like photos, edited videos are also super awesome and look beautiful.
Instagram Videos are getting popular and people are now trying to grab these videos. Though these videos are short in length and you can always go online to watch these videos – however some people just like to download videos and watch them later or keep it as a collection. Moreover with the hashtags feature, you could easily grab all related videos (for example – search all videos with tag “Bike Stunts”) and keep them for free. In this article we will look at how you can download the Instagram videos for free.
Download Instagram Videos on Computer
First lets see how you can download these videos straight on your desktop/laptop.
Video Download from Browser
This method require that you are running either Firefox or Chrome. Follow step by step – it does not require any kind of extension download.
- Open your Instagram account and go to the video page which you would like to download.
- For example – as shown in the image below, click the “…” button on the video.
- Then select “View Video Page“
- On the page – Right Click and Select “View Page Source“
- Make sure you do not right click on the video but on other side, so that following kind of image appears.
- In the opened source code, search for MP4
- You will see a link which is a MP4 video, copy this link
- Go to any website which can paste it in form of a link.. For example – visit bit.ly website
- Paste that MP4 link
- Right click on the link and select “Save As“. See the image below..
Download from SearchInstagram
- Visit http://searchinstagram.com/
- Search for the video of your choice
- Click to view the video
- Right on video and select “Save Video As” to download the video
- See the image below…
Torch Browser Extension
This browser allows you to grab videos from the Instagram directly. With click of just a button you will be able to download video, however that requires that you have the latest version of Torch Browser.
- Find the latest version of Torch Browser here.
- On Torch Browser open the Instagram page of the video you want to download.
- Once the Video is open you should notice the media grabber button on the top right of the browsers says Video.
- Click where it says Video. The Video will automatically download and you will see the file appear on the bottom left side of the browser.
- Click on the File on the bottom left to open, or save the file in another location.
Instadown – Download Instagram Videos
This is probably the easiest method to download Instagram Videos..
- First thing to do is to grab the video url
- As shown in the method 1 – open Instagram, on the video click “…”
- Select View Video Page
- Copy the video URL such as “http://instagram.com/p/bvciXetk6v/”
- Visit http://www.instadown.com/
- You will see a space to paste the link, paste this link
- Click “Instadown”
- You will be able to download the video in MP4 format
Download Instagram Videos on Mobile
One of the easy things to do is to first download the Instagram video on your computer and then you can transfer the video to your mobile. This will work for any video and any kind of mobile – Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Nokia or any other. Other possible way would be to directly download the video on your mobile. Now the method to directly download the video on mobile is specific to mobile you have.
For example, to download the Instagram Video on iPhone – Get the application called “Video Download iBolt downloader“. It is a browser (similar to Torch Browser on PC). Open up instagram in this browser. Go to any particular video which you want to download – click a video and then finally click the download button. For Android and other phones, you can also try the Instadown method.