One of the very popular game is Candy Crush Saga which was originally launched as a Facebook app back in 2012. The game got really very popular (getting huge number of hits on Facebook) in a very short span of time. It was liked so much by the people that the developer launched the game application for smartphones (Android/iPhone etc).
As per the information on Wikipedia (As of March 2013), “Candy Crush Saga” surpassed the very popular game FarmVille2 and turned to be most popular game on Facebook. It was having about 45.6 million average monthly users. The game had over ten million downloads in December 2012 alone. Almost all of my friends play this game either on their mobile phone or on Facebook. I would rather say all of my friends are Candy Crush addict – this game highly addictive, so please play it at your own risk.
Candy Crush Saga – Game Background
The game is a variation of match three (align three cubes and cross them). Each game level has a different shaped game board filled with candies of three to six different colors and sometimes obstacles. The basic move of the game consists of swapping two candies positions to align sets of three of the same color, where upon they disappear, causing candies above them to collapse into the space left behind, often resulting in chain reactions. Moves and alignments must be horizontal/vertical. The level’s objectives must be met before the player runs out of moves (or time on timed levels). Board size is 9×9 maximum.
You have given number of moves which you can make and you need to complete the objective (of a particular level) before you run out of moves. Get at least 3 in a row to turn them into points. There are 6 different types of candies viz Red (Jelly Bean), Orange (Lozenge), Yellow (Lemon Drop), Green (Square), Blue (Lollipop Head), and Purple (Cluster).
Check the video below to see how the game this is played and how much fun it is. However trust me that game is very addictive and you should play this on your own risk.
Candy Crush Saga for PC was never officially launched for PC (though you can still play this game on Facebook). However even if you don’t have a smartphone (Android or iPhone), you can still follow our tutorial and play this game on your computer. The below tutorial works well on Windows or Mac PC, so enjoy this game on your computer and let us know your reviews.
- Suggested Reading: Video Solutions for all Candy Crush Saga Levels
How to get Candy Crush Saga on PC
The basic idea is that Candy Crush Saga is available on Android mobile phones. So if we get an Android emulator running on our PC (a software which brings the Android mobile experience on computer itself), then we can install the apk on computer itself. As described in the next section, we will use BlueStacks (android emulator).
Requirements : You just need computer with internet connection. We will use mouse (instead of swipe) on PC to play this game.
Install Android Emulator
In order to download Candy Crush game and play this game on our computer, you will need to install an android player called BlueStacks on your computer. You will also need to configure it properly so that it works fine. We have already written a detailed tutorial about this, check the video below :
It is important that you follow the above tutorial step by step and install the BlueStacks app player correctly. If you are facing any BlueStacks Issue, consider reading our solution guide on BlueStacks.
Install Candy Crush on PC using BlueStacks
I hope you have followed the above tutorial video to get BlueStacks installed on your computer. Next step is to download this game on Bluestacks and then play this game. Follow the steps below :
- On the home screen of BlueStacks you will see a search icon where you can search for particular application. Click the search icon and type “Candy Crush Saga Free”
- This will search various app stores for Candy Crush game. Select the leftmost app store to download the app. Though you can choose any of the app store to download the app.
- Click to download and install.
- It will start downloading Candy Crush Saga for PC, and eventually after the download the installation will begin immediately.
- Once downloaded, it will be visible in the “My Apps” Gallery (comes up when you click the home button). Click Candy Crush Saga App in My Apps.
Play Candy Crush Saga – PC Game Controls
- You can easily play this game – controls are pretty simple and nothing complicated.
- Use the mouse to select a combination.
- You can also use arrow keys to play this game
Candy Crush for PC – Play on Facebook
The game was first launched as a Facebook application which means that you can play this game on Facebook itself (on your computer – browser). I prefer this method instead of downloading bluestacks and playing this game on android emulator. Lets simply play this game on FB :
- Open Facebook on your computer
- At the top bar (where you search), enter Candy Crush. This will list down all apps – select the Game “Candy Crush”. As shown in the image below.
- Click Play game at middle right.. As shown in the image below.
- The game will start instantly ..
- This is so simple to play Candy Crush on computer.
As recommended playing Candy Crush on Facebook (and thus playing it on PC) is the best way possible. It will be easy to connect with your friends on Facebook and thus you will know how much far (at what level) your friends are. It is more fun to play together with your friends on Facebook.
If you are facing any issue in playing Candy Crush on your computer, then please let me know in the comment section. I will surely help you out..