BlueStacks is one of the very popular android emulators for computer, which allows you to download and install android applications on your PC (both windows and mac OS). You may want to check a list of available Android Emulator’s.
The thing which distinguishes BlueStacks App Player from other emulator like YouWave and Android SDK is that it is firstly free and very simple to use. The number of android games applications which can be installed on BlueStacks is pretty high (comparing this to other emulators) and probably it is the reason this application is so popular among people. In a very short span of time millions of people have started using BlueStacks and trust me that number is growing every day.
That being said many people have complained about BlueStacks as they faced issues using this app. Some people have complained about installation problem, some people are not able to load the app and some have faced issue’s (like connectivity) while playing games on it. As the set of problems is common among people, so I thought to compile a list of problems and provide solution to them. The problems also vary according to the device (Windows Version) you are using, so I have tried to capture the keywords in the questions. The list of these issues is already very long (and we plan to update this list time and again), so please make use of search feature to find solution of your problem (use Ctrl+F).
Common Solution – CheckList
BlueStacks is a software and any software has bugs and issues, it doesn’t mean we stop using them. Some of the problems are very basic and solution to all of such issues is pretty common. So if you are facing ANY issue with BlueStacks, just make sure of following (this can get Bluestacks working on your computer).
- You need to download the latest .net framework by Microsoft. [Get this here]
- Run a malwarebytes scan, trying the Eusing reg cleaner too.
- Consider rebooting your PC and trying the installation again
- Uninstall your current player and install the latest version of software. Many of the common issues have already been fixed in the latest version of the software. Even if your last version worked, you should consider upgrading to the latest piece of code. [Visit this page to get latest software]
- When reporting any issue with software, make sure you let us (or support) know the version of software you are using. Also BlueStacks beta-1 (which is latest) comes with different numbers. So check the exact version number (like version is 0.7.12.896) and report this number along with issue.
- Also please mention the machine you are using – like Intel Chipset, Dell Computer (model number) and OS version (Windows 8).
Most common issue with BlueStacks is the loading problem which many people have complained about. I did some research on this and compiled a very simple solution which will help you get past this loading problem. First you would need to reinstall the application (follow above steps). Again: before you go ahead and reinstall this app, make sure of following:
Give your user account full-control of ProgramData\\BlueStacks directory. That is, run it as administrator.
In windows explorer:
- Navigate to C:\\ProgramData (if C is your Windows drive) – Note this not Program Files it is ProgramData.
- Locate & right-click the BlueStacks folder within C:\\ProgramData
- Select Properties
- Select Security Tab
- Find Your Widows User within the Group and User Names Window
- Select Edit
- You will need to select your Windows User within the Group and Users Name Window
- Assign Full Control and select OK
- Select OK again
Now remove old BlueStacks and update to latest version of software.
Viber Activation Issue
One of the first app which everyone is trying on BlueStacks is Viber. And on the first installation itself it starts giving issues. The common issue with Viber installation is its activation. Viber activation code is not responding after several attempts. It gives the following message: (an error has occured during the viber activation process).
Solution (as provided by Viber Team).
Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example – your home landline number, a friend’s number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.
Removing Applications from BlueStacks App Player
Once you have installed the BlueStacks, what you end up is installing too many applications on this software. What it does it makes the software too slow and sometime it starts giving issue. You should consider removing the unused apps from your app player. Just follow the simple steps as described in the video below to know how you can remove applications from bluestacks.
Graphic Card Issue
“Bluestacks cannot be installed on this PC because the Graphics card is not compatible with Bluestacks“. Graphic card error are one of the very common issue with BlueStacks. Depending on the type of your problem, follow the below steps.
- Driver Issue: Open the device manager (Right click on My Computer and select properties). Then click on Device manager and see if you see any yellow symbol or red symbol. If that symbol appears in front of your graphics card, your drivers are missing. You need to install the latest drivers of your graphic card. For that check the make of your graphic card. For Intel download from this page (USA site), for AMD visit this and for NVidia drivers you visit this page.
- Last thing to try: Connect your laptop or netbook to its charger and then try to install Bluestacks. This is because when on Battery mode, some laptop settings change graphics to low. This may cause issue with BlueStacks.
- BlueStacks Error 2318: If you installed RocketDock, you will not be able to install Bluestacks. If you want to install Bluestacks you will need to uninstall the other program that used a dock.
Google Play service installation error
Incompatible with other applications with the same shared user ID. Because of this error, people are not able to install applications. Well it turns out that you can download the apk directly to your PC and use this apk on Bluestacks. One of the most asked apk file
- Foursquare Apk Download: [Link]
Uninstall – Bluestacks
We have been asking people to install the latest app (or uninstall old app and install the latest one). However some people have faced issue “a later version of bluestacks is already installed. setup will now exit.” I also faced this problem when uninstalling notification center.
Check how to uninstall Bluestacks notification center and in general Bluestacks.
- Remove following in control panel: Bluestacks app player entry in Control panel, Notification center in Control panel
- check if following have been removed:-
- C:\\Program Files (x86)\\BlueStacks or C:\\Program Files\\BlueStacks
- Run the following (right click – save link as – then double click the file) :- http://cdn.bluestacks.com/public/tool…
I was still not able to completely remove the BlueStacks player (and notification center from my PC). I then ran a software called “ccleaner” and removed the BlueStacks and its related files from that software. It worked like charm!
This list may not be complete but addresses some of the common problems. If you have any specific problem, please share it in the comment section and we will try our best to help you out.