One of the very popular android players for your computer is “BlueStacks”. You can use this android emulator to run mobile applications on your PC. People have been using this android player to use apps like Whatsapp on PC and play games like Candy Crush, Clash of titans on their PC. Once you have installed BlueStacks, you can run any android app or game on your computer. For detailed information on using BlueStacks app player and installing apps on it, refer to this article.
However the problem is that at times the BlueStacks gets stuck somewhere with Black Screen (or flickering screen) while using any app or playing games. Below are some of the common problems which people have complained to us:
- I have a very strange issue with blue stacks running a 4 gb system with nvidia gt 630 graphics card but every time i try to run show box on blue stacks it is in black and white any recommendations as to what to do.
- I am on an AMD computer and whenever I open clash of clans the screen just stays black. I tried all these things and nothing worked. What can I do to fix this?
- I am trying to play Clash Of Clans on Bluestacks. When I try to open Clash of Clans, the screen is black and doesn’t load the game. I am loading it with an AMD processor, if that matters. What should I do.?
- I have a problem I can’t seem to find answer to: Bluestacks will not play Snapchat videos, I just get a black screen and sound…Bluestacks used to work…Info: newest version of bluestacks…win7 ultimate 64bit..amd phenom II x6 1100t…8gigs ram…GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost
- I use Bluestacks mainly for snapchat and whenever I receive a video snap and open it, it only shows me a black screen.
- I kept on getting the black screen and now I just press F11 – and it kind of restarts they graphics for me on CartoonHD Version 2.2. Works everytime now.
- When I start any game like temple run or angry birds it doesn’t start and a black screen appears. Moreover it doesn’t goes in full screen.
- I try loading the apps I downloaded, ex minecraft pe, survival craft, deer hunter and it starts to load and I only get a brown /black screen how do I get these apps to work ?
Below is a list of possible solutions you can try to resolve this issue.
If your BlueStacks window is either blank or filled with a solid color, first try clicking on the home button in the bottom center of the window. This should take you back to our home screen if the problem is specific to an app. If that doesn’t work, then please try restarting BlueStacks. You can do so by selecting `Restart’ from the BlueStacks menu in the menu bar.
Solution2 – Changing Nvidia Control Panel 3D Settings
If your having an Nvidia Graphics card or Nvidia Graphics chipset then the below given fix will definitely resolve your issue.
- Go to your Nvidia Control Panel and to open your Nvidia Control Panel Just do a right click on your desktop screen and select Nvidia Control Panel.
- Navigate to Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings -> Here Click on Add button -> Add Bluestacks Frontend as shown below in the image.
- Scroll down to settings and select Threaded Optimization -> Select the Option Turn off.
- go to the tray icon and Quit Bluestacks from there and Restart Bluestacks and you will no longer face the same Black Screen error anymore.
Solution3 – Updating your Graphics Driver (For all Nvidia, AMD and Intel Users)
You can try fixing it by Updating your Nvidia, ATI, AMD and Intel graphics drivers. Try all these solutions.
Solution4 – Try all these steps
One of the thing to try out now is to uninstall the BlackStacks app player completely from your computer (use CCleaner) and then install it again with offline installer. Please refer to this article to know more details about this solution (I would suggest you to try all the steps mentioned in the link).